We have a unique Parish:
Just under half of the households in the Parish are full time residents, the other half are visitors and many have houses in the Parish.
They are a valuable part of our community and are most welcome to share with us the full facilities of Parish life.
The Parish has plans for developments and improvements and these are some of the plans we have in mind:
- Camera system in Rath Church to allow Mass to be relayed to the housebound and to the Island Communities in bad weather.
- Develop training opportunities for Parish Volunteers and develop the role and further training of our Parish Catechists.
- Rath Church – A drop down Screen system and to improve the speaker system.
- Expansion of Meeting Room facilities to include children’s area and to improve the catering and storage areas.
- Ongoing work on the Churches and houses on Oileán Chléire and Sherkin.
What does your Parish Community Provide:
- There is a Priest on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year.
- Visiting the sick and those who are no longer able to attend Mass at home, in the Nursing Home and Community Hospital
- Four Weekend Masses – 400 people in the summer and 200 in the winter
- Three Weekday Masses
- Funerals – approx 15 per year
- Weddings – approx 6 per year
- Altar Servers – 28 boys and girls
- First Holy Communion – approx 12 children per year
- Confirmation – approx 24 children (every 2 years)
- Other annual events including November Novena, House Station Masses, Skour Well Mass & Blessing of Boats.
- Special Ceremonies at Christmas, St Patricks Day and Easter Week Ceremonies, Lá le Ciarán and also the traditional tea parties at these events.
- Care for 3 Church Buildings – Rath, Sherkin and Oileán Chléire
Read more about how to donate to the parish & access our standing order forms by clicking here.
Our Parish Accounts information can be viewed here.